Monday, October 19, 2009

Batson - I am going to start with you

Scott says to just start blogging and then I will find my voice. I have the most to say about you right now sweet little crazy haired Batson - the one I like to call Jack. Lets start with your nicknames (given by your dear bros): Batson, Bo Bo Batson, Fat Bananason, Tootieson, Monkeyson, and just about anything else that can possibly end in "son." We also like to refer to you as Short Stack Jack since you are short and stocky (like your dad - ha). You are in the 10 percentile for height and 75 for weight. But, despite your vertical limitations you can stretch like there is no tomorrow - hence my new name for you "Stretch Jackstrong." You have the uncanny ability to immediately detect when something may lay close to the edge of the counter or table (usually Vaughn's hourly snack - a bowl of goldfish, unfinished yogurt, Popsicle melting in a bowl so that he can drink it, etc..). And although we think we have pushed it far enough from the edge you are still able to stretch those fat chunky legs and sausage packed arms and pull that coveted prize down. You and Mya tend to share in your winnings. And don't even get me started on that little mischief detector you have going off in your head. The one that tells you we forgot to latch the pantry (so time to play in the recycle container), we forgot to latch the laundry room door (hello dog food), we forgot to shut the bathroom door (toilet water - here I come!), and our favorite yet, forgot to block the dishwasher! You are an absolute handful but I must say that little permagrin you carry constantly melts my heart. And I can never get enough of the kiss sounds you make as you head butt me and those blissful moments where you lay your head on my shoulder. I also love your sweet Buddha belly and how you constantly yell for "yiya - yiya" (aka Mya) at the top of your lungs. You truly make us all so happy and we love you so much! Despite the pure exhaustion and moments of frustration we feel constantly trying to keep you safe - you pack so many random moments of happiness into each and every day! That is what life is about (I just need to remember that the next time you empty Mya's water bowl all over your clean pajamas that I just spent 20 minutes trying to get on your squirmy wormy body!).

No comments:

Post a Comment